Akarkara roots Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. It helps to expel mucus from the tract thanks to its expectorant property.
2. It aids in digestion by stimulating the secretion of saliva and other digestive juices needed for digestion.
3. It increases the frequency of urination thanks to its diuretic property.
4. It helps in destroying intestinal worms thanks to its anthelmintic property.
5. Lastly, it's used as a gargle to manage sore throats and toothache thanks to its sialagogue (enhancing saliva secretion) property
Yes, Akarkara is beneficial to urge relief from joint pain when used externally. In some Ayurvedic pain relieving oils, Akarkara is employed because the main ingredient. The joints are considered a site of Vata within the body and pain within the joints is especially thanks to Vata imbalance. Applying these oil on the joints assist in giving relief from pain and inflammation.