Dates are the fruit from date palm tree, cultivated for its edible sweet fruit. Dates are widely cultivated across middle east, south Asia, Africa, tropical and subtropical region of worldwide. It is scientifically call as Phoenix dactylifera. A 100 gram of Dates contain 277 calories, 75 gram carbs, 7 gram fiber, 2 gram protein, vitamins and minerals. Dates also contain Antioxidants which may contribute of health benefit.
Health benefits of Dates:
- Constipation: Dates are rich in fiber which help in bowels movements. eating dates on regular basis help in the digestion process.
- Good source of energy: Dates are high in glucose, fructose and sucrose which gives instant energy. People who follow Islam break their fast by eating Dates with water. this help in avoiding overeating of food once fast is over.
- Boost Brain Health: Dates protect the brain from oxidative stress and inflammation in the brain. regular consumption of Dates lower the risk of neurodegenerative diseases.
- Control cholesterol: Regular consumption of Dates reduces the Cholesterol in body. They also contain low amount of saturated and trans fat.
- Bone Health: Dates are Rich in vitamin K which reduce bone turnover and improve bone health.
- Skin and Hair: Dates are rich in vitamin C and D which help in improving skin and hair health.
- Regulate blood pressure: Dates are rich source of Potassium and minerals which help in lowering the blood pressure.
Read More: CINNAMON WORLD'S NO.1 SPICE