Vidhara belongs to plant family convolvulaceae and botanic name of Vidhara is Argyreia nervosa. Vidhara is native to India Subcontinent and introduce to numerous area worldwide including Africa, Hawaii and the Caribbean. The seeds of Vidhara contain alkaloids, ergine, chanoclavine, ergonovime and isoergine. The seeds, leave and root of this plant is used for medicinal purpose in Ayurveda.The roots of Vidhara is Very effective in treating diseases of nervous system, strangury, rheumatism and sexual disorder.
- Vidhara are used for treating wounds, internal bleeding, cuts, gangrene etc
- Vidhara seeds lower the blood pressure of body and relief in spasm.
- The juice of Vidhara leaf is used to treat indigestion, lack of appetite and constipation.
- The powder of Vidhara seeds in dosage of 2-3 gram is given to treat insomnia.
- The powder of Vidhara root is given to treat cough and improve the voice.
- The decoction of pant is given in a dose of 40-50 ml to control diabetes.