Ajwain plays a most important role as a herb in Asia and middle east kitchen to make cuisine tasty. Ajwain seeds are rich in fibre, carbohydrates, protein and fat. It also contain essential oil which include thymol, limonene, pinene and terpinene, Ajwain are oval in shape and have a bitter taste.
Benefits of Ajwain ( carom ) seeds:
- Improves Digestion: The enzymes of Carom seeds facilitate the release of gastric juice and give instant relief from indigestion. Take ajwain with small quantity of salt and water to solve indigestion problem.
- Hair Care: Carom seeds contain Antioxidant and minerals which help in stimulating growth of hair. Consume carom seeds with warm water and drink it every morning to improve hair growth.
- Improve cholesterol levels: Carom seeds are rich in fiber and polyunsaturated fatty acid which help in lowering bad cholesterol and improve good cholesterol of body.
- Help in curing common cold: Carom seeds contain anti- inflammatory, anti-fungal and anti-bacteria which help in treating cold. chewing ajwain with luke warm water help in curing cold.
- Prevent a toothache : Gargle with luke warm water combine with ajwain and salt help in easing toothache.
- Used to clean wound: Carom seeds contain essential oil which can be used to clean wound and preventing infection.
Pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid Ajwain seeds.